Monday, September 8, 2008

Fat Albert!

Well, I got to fly on Fat Albert yesterday! For anyone who doesn't know, Fat Albert is the C-130 that is part of the Navy and Marine Corps Blue Angel Team. It was truly the experience of a lifetime! Who knows when I could get another chance to fly on an aircraft manuevering like that. We did a combat take off, some insanely steep turns (75+ degrees), and a short landing (less than 1000 feet), thank goodness for seatbelts! I got to experience complete weightlessness for a full five seconds! It was amazing! If you haven't been to an airshow an seen the Blue Angels and Fat Albert fly, you should make it to the next one near you!


1 comment:

jax from the harmon squad said...

I don't think I could handle that... I am not a roller coaster kind of a person. But it would definitely be cool to see it doing all that crazy stuff! I'm glad you had fun though!