Thursday, April 3, 2008

This Job

So, I recently extended my enlistment to make the next deployment (hopefully to Japan this time).. so July 1, 2009 I should go on terminal leave to get out of the Navy. I've been tossing around the idea of re-enlisting for a couple years of shore duty... but, I really don't want to. Yet, at the same time, I don't want to base my decision on the command I'm in now.. it's been said that they took the worst parts of sea duty and the worst parts of shore duty together to create this command. I hate coming to work everyday because the command morale is so low and the leadership here is awful. It kinda makes me want to try somewhere else. I figure I'll look at orders around June/July to see whats available and go from there.

1 comment:

jax from the harmon squad said...

Yay for Japan! Rob was going to go back in the Air Force for a brief time, and I was praying we'd get to go someplace cool, preferably out of the country, and not get stuck in Missouri or something. Luckily, he decided not to, so now we get to find some other way to move outside the US. I hope whatever you do, it'll make you happier! The whole reason Rob got out of the military is 'cause they stuck him in some crappy job below his rank since no one else knew how to drive a stick or had a license to drive in Italy.